Thursday, July 31, 2008

Cu Chi Tunnels

So I've been really busy with work this week, sometimes staying until 2am...But I got to escape the office last week to go do some tourist activities. Alan, Tat, Tat's mom and myself took a guide out to see the infamous Cu Chi tunnels that the VietCong used in the Vietnam War. After we watched some propaganda film on heroic American killers, we set out to crawl in some tunnels, fire some guns and take pictures in some blown up American tanks. The tunnels were just big enough for a Vietnamese guy to fit in, but not much more room otherwise. After the crawl we got some target practice shooting an assortment of guns.

Here's Tat shooting a Thompson.

Me shooting an AK-47

And Alan shooting the M-60 (Rambo style)

They had a blown up tank.

Medium sized centipedes which reminded me of the one that eats the mouse on youtube.

The field trip was interesting learning some history between Vietnam and the United States. I'm glad my boss wants us to explore and have fun while we're young because he doesn't want us working too hard, especially since we are just here for the summer.

1 comment:

Yuki Buru said...

I love your posts and pictures! They go together so perfectly with your personality, haha. I love the first one of you poking your head out and the one of the catepillar...totally you = gross.