Monday, July 21, 2008

My summmer...is gone...


So this the view from the top of my brother's house. He says this isn't ghetto, but I like to think otherwise. It looks like a bunch of tin houses to me. But hey at least we get AC in Ian's house. I don't really go outside 1) view sucks 2) hot 3) humid 4) I like AC. I guess its not as bad as some places though. But inside Ian's house is alright.

We went to visit Ian's big brother who looks out for him while he is in Vietnam. It was his birthday and we went to surprise him, but couldn't get a cake because all the stores were closed. His name is Anh Tu and he's a pretty funny guy. He likes to drink a lot and he's pretty small. So I gotta watch out or I might get messed up if I go out with him. He's a CFO at a fund here and offered me a job if I want to go to buy side. It's seems like a great opportunity, but I am limited on time so I have to see what I learn at my internship I have now first.
We went walking around District 1 which is where a lot of the tourists go because its like the center of the city with the nicer stores and has more of a western friendly feel. This girl is trying to sell Tat a flower. I told the girl he was gay and that his boyfriend really wanted a flower so she kept following him.
So this is the view of the entrance to my work where I intern. Everyone speaks vietnamese and a little english so its a little difficult to get used to things here. I'm just glad we have AC. But its fun and interesting but we are at work a lot. This picture was taken on a Sunday night where we were working, thats why there isn't anyone there. We were also there the night before til like 11pm on a Saturday night. And on top of that we work from like 7:30 or 8am til like 9pm for a usual day. But that's just us Americans because everyone else leaves and is lazy during the day too, but hey TIV (This is Vietnam).

1 comment:

Yuki Buru said...

I love this post! TIV lolll