Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Made It

I got into Vietnam yesterday after like 24 hours of traveling from SD to LA to Taipei and Finally HCMC. As soon as I stepped outside of the airport I realized how I do not miss the hot and humid weather here. I see my brother wearing a full suit in the weather and I don't know how he is able to do it. Luckily my brother's work is nice enough to give him a taxi card so he doesn't have to ride the motor bikes and vespa scooters, not only because they are dangerous but because the taxi's are comfortably air conditioned.
So after he drives me to his place, a 3 story 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom and living and dining room/garage (but its no kingdom) and AC we eat and head off to work. I was excited to go check his company because I will also be interning there with Tat and Alan. Of course I have to put on a suit (I miss winter weather already).

His work is not too far from home and it is also air conditioned. As soon as I get in, I see Tat and we get ready to head off again to meet a company. We take a taxi, which was a total waste because the guy pretty much took us in a circle because the place was seriously like next to our building. I think my brother wanted to kick the guy's ass but we were late for the meeting so we had to take the raincheck. The meeting was pretty funny because I didn't say anything. I been outdoors a lot the past week so I got darker, so I guess I look really Vietnamese. They all thought I was my brother's translator, but I really cannot understand Vietnamese.

After getting back to work, Tat and Ian finish their work for the rest of the day. I start crashing because by then its already been 48+ hours since I slept. I slept like 1 to 2 hours on the plane but I wasn't too tired but about to get there. We go get those Vietnamese coffees, which get you wired out because I think they use speed instead of sugar. We are the last ones to leave work, by then its already 9PM, which is EARLY for them. Usually they leave later! But I think we were all starving so we head home and eat and just catch up. I finally get to get some rest by like 2 AM but luckily they have a conference tomorrow so I get to sleep in until they come and pick me up to get to work again.

2 comments:

Yuki Buru said...

lol, speed instead of sugar!

Anonymous said...

wow, your blog title totally does not make sense...
anyways, hopefully you'll get something out of this internship and come back a better man.